Unreal Engine: Materials Fundamentals Training
Photorealistic surfaces in the Unreal Engine
This one-day hands-on workshop covers the basics of using materials in the Unreal Engine.
Materials are the "paint" of the surface of the objects in a scene. Through the correct handling and use of materials, photorealistic surfaces can be simulated. With the standardized PBR workflow (Physically Based Rendering) of the Unreal Engine, everything follows a structured and comprehensible system. The goal of the seminar is to gain a basic understanding of the handling, use and technology of materials in the Unreal Engine.
- What are materials in the Unreal Engine
- What is PBR (Physically Based Rendering)?
- The PBR workflow in the Unreal Engine
- Introduction to the Unreal Engine's node-based material editor
- Working with values, functions and textures
- Exploring material settings
- Texture formats, compression settings, mip maps
- Introduction to master materials and material instances
- Creating our first master material with textures
- Texture coordinates & UV basics
- Adding parameters to create variations (material instances) of the master material
- Handling material assets and texture assets in the Unreal Engine Content Browser
- Creating a translucent glass master material
- Fresnel, Translucency Shading & Refraction
- Overview of performance costs of materials, optimization possibilities as well as Dos & Don'ts
- Creation of a Cloth material
- Introduction to Megascan's Quixel Bridge for using realistic photo-scanned materials
- Sneak Peak: What else is possible with materials? (Materials Advanced)
- Bonus: Tips & tricks and practical shortcuts
Designers, Digital Artists, 3D Graphic Artists, Designers, Marketing Managers
Solid basic knowledge of Unreal Engine is required, at best you have already attended the basic training. Basics in 3D, Shading & Rendering
Please note that a computer with two displays, a webcam and audio as well as a stable internet connection with a capacity of 10 Mbit or more are required for participation.
|28. 11. 2022||390,00 €452,40 € incl. VAT|
|28. 11. 2022||390,00 €452,40 € incl. VAT|
Good trainer, good answers, interactive and adaptive. He showed good knowledge on the materials. Thank you!!
A very interesting and detailed class, in a pleasant environment with a professional teacher. Thanks!
Highly qualified trainer who was able to project his fascination for the topic well on the participants. Best seminar I have attended for a long time.
The course of the training was optimally adapted to the wishes and needs of the participants. The individual questions were also answered competently and in detail by the trainer.
A professionally experienced trainer who confidently communicates the topics authentically without boredom or fatigue.
Everything's perfect, thank you! I will book again with INCAS myself and recommend it to all interested parties!
The trainer was not only convincing because of his professional competence, but also because of his inexhaustible wealth of experience. This exceeded my expectations by far.
Due to the individual training methodology, all our questions could be answered immediately and in full! Awesome!
Great training centre, dedicated INCAS staff and trainers. It was very entertaining ;-)
Dates and Prices
Unreal Engine: Materials Fundamentals
- Courses with execution guarantee and last-minute offers
- barrier-free access to many sites (e.g. Krefeld)
- Authorized training offers of all market-leading manufacturers
- 5 stars awarded by independent rating institute
Our training options
Are you or one of your employees facing a special challenge that you would like to master with a specific software solution? Do you need fast and targeted further training to make you fit to the point? Then an individual training course tailored to your individual needs is the right solution. As classroom training or also live online.
Is new software being introduced in your company? A team must quickly familiarize itself with a new program on a job-related basis? Don't let an expert just show you the program: Let our enthusiastic trainers inspire you with this new solution! At your site, 100% customized, as classroom training or also live online.
Classroom / LVC
Public classroom training for which you can register as an individual, take place either in a training center or as Live Virtual Class (LVC). You learn together with participants from other companies in a perfectly prepared learning environment. Shielded from the demands of everyday life, you can concentrate fully on the training in small working groups. As classroom training or also live online.All dates