Slot Machine Art and Engineering in Unity Training
Build your own slot machine game.
In this workshop, participants will build and configure a slot machine game in Unity. Activities will cover getting started in the Unity Editor, designing the background of the game, animating elements to add visual interest, configuring the UI elements of the game, building the slot game functionality, and finally, hot swapping game elements to reduce game development time.
By the end of the workshop, participants will have a hands-on understanding of how Unity can be used to create slot machine games, how to quickly and creatively reconfigure games, and how to decrease overall game development time.
- Introduce the Unity Hub
- Configure a Unity Project for 2D development
- Identify the different Editor windows and their purposes
- Use common hotkeys and shortcuts to navigate in the Editor
- Use the Sprite Editor to slice Sprite Sheets for use in the Scene
- Configure Prefabs for use throughout the Scene
- Use Tilemap to build multi-layered Sprite based Scenes
- Adjust Sprite Z-positioning to create a background scrolling effect
- Create sequenced sprite sheet animations
- Create keyframe animations
- Control multiple animation sequences with the Animator
- Configure a Screen Space Overlay Canvas for UI components
- Configure Unity UI Buttons to trigger scripts
- Create Unity UI Text Components to display script data
- Use Sprites to create Reel symbols
- Layout and configure the Reel Set components
- Apply logic scripts to enable game interactivity
- Re-size the reel
- Use a custom Shader to control Sprite visibility in the scene
- Hot swap symbols in the reel set
- Change the Reel Strip heights and line evaluators
- Introduction: Workshop overview and Learning Action Plan
- Activity 1 - Identify Unity Editor elements to efficiently navigate the Editor
- Activity 2 - Configure basic scene elements to create the game background
- Activity 3 - Implement multiple types of in-editor animations to add visual interest to the project
- Activity 4 - Develop an interactive UI system to create intuitive user interactions
- Activity 5 - Build the interactive Reel Set Array to create the slot game
- Activity 6 - Reconfigure the Reel Set Array using live hot swapping to decrease development time
Prospective game developers who want to familiarize themselves with the possibilities of Unity.
No prior experience required
Organizational mattersDrinks, lunch, certificate of attendance and training materials are included in the price.
Good trainer, good answers, interactive and adaptive. He showed good knowledge on the materials. Thank you!!
A very interesting and detailed class, in a pleasant environment with a professional teacher. Thanks!
Highly qualified trainer who was able to project his fascination for the topic well on the participants. Best seminar I have attended for a long time.
The course of the training was optimally adapted to the wishes and needs of the participants. The individual questions were also answered competently and in detail by the trainer.
A professionally experienced trainer who confidently communicates the topics authentically without boredom or fatigue.
Everything's perfect, thank you! I will book again with INCAS myself and recommend it to all interested parties!
The trainer was not only convincing because of his professional competence, but also because of his inexhaustible wealth of experience. This exceeded my expectations by far.
Due to the individual training methodology, all our questions could be answered immediately and in full! Awesome!
Great training centre, dedicated INCAS staff and trainers. It was very entertaining ;-)
Dates and Prices
Slot Machine Art and Engineering in Unity
- Courses with execution guarantee and last-minute offers
- barrier-free access to many sites (e.g. Krefeld)
- Authorized training offers of all market-leading manufacturers
- 5 stars awarded by independent rating institute
Our training options
Are you or one of your employees facing a special challenge that you would like to master with a specific software solution? Do you need fast and targeted further training to make you fit to the point? Then an individual training course tailored to your individual needs is the right solution. As classroom training or also live online.
Is new software being introduced in your company? A team must quickly familiarize itself with a new program on a job-related basis? Don't let an expert just show you the program: Let our enthusiastic trainers inspire you with this new solution! At your site, 100% customized, as classroom training or also live online.
Classroom / LVC
Public classroom training for which you can register as an individual, take place either in a training center or as Live Virtual Class (LVC). You learn together with participants from other companies in a perfectly prepared learning environment. Shielded from the demands of everyday life, you can concentrate fully on the training in small working groups. As classroom training or also live online.All dates