Real-World Interaction via marker tracking with Vuforia for the Microsoft HoloLens Training
Introduction to Augmented Reality development with Vuforia at Microsoft HoloLens
This course provides students with an introduction to Vuforia Augmented Reality applications based on live video feed marker tracking. The positioning of 3D content via customizable marker images merges the scene content in a seemless way with the video picture and allows for astonishing augmentation of reality with virtual objects. The course elaborates on detailed ways to setup the tracking mechanism itself as well as specific prefab and scene setup for adding interaction to the placed objects. As a versatile, but simple to use technique for AR production, this allows new developers to jump right into this topic with a shallow learning curve.
Unity Vuforia integration explained:
- As a target platform for Unity, Vuforia provides complex 2D and 3D marker tracking within an arbitrary video feed. This is based on the search for specific images and silhouettes within a video picture. We discuss the basic requirements for this and configure our Unity scene for initial deployment.
- To gain access to the core samples of the Vuforia SDK, Unity provides specific AssetStore packages for integration into a newly setup project. We will explore the available material and integrate the basic SDK system into our Unity project.
Pre-requisites for a good tracking experience
- Video is a tricky medium to work with in realtime 3D and needs a certain understanding of problematic scenarios arising in the process of image recognition. Lighting behaviour and feature recognition in the markers play a big part in successfully tracking any target live image. What constitutes a good marker and what to avoid is valuable knowledge to any AR production with Vuforia. We will show good marker properties based on example and show the different effects when tracking turns out to be problematic.
Cameras and scene properties
- To allow for a correct display of content, the viewing camera has to be configured to work with the Vuforia video feed. We will show how to set this up and work with the correct components for scene display.
Image Target and prefabs
- Image targets are the main tracking entities for positioning scene content. Depending on markers and the target geometry to display, it allows us to position a prefab geometry on top of the tracked marker features. Creating specific prefabs for display is a key element for making the displayed content accessable for the desired animations. Hierarchy grouping and coordinate systems provide us with the freedom to manipulate the prefabs inherent content in a later stage.
Cylinder Targets and Multi Targets
- Flat image targets are not the only trackable content in Vuforia. Mildly distorted images on cylindrical objects can be tracked via Cylinder targets and combined tracking markers made up from more than one image are possible as well. We will look at these features in detail and provide examples for real-world scenarios.
- A very useful feature is the ability of Vuforia, to recognize previously registered object shapes within the video feed. This allows for a variety of three dimensional marking situations and provides the developer with a useful tool for many handheld AR applications. The process for this is explained and the scene setup is elaborated in detail.
Animations and interacting with positioned prefabs
- Simply placing something on a marker is usually not enough for a complex AR interaction scenario. Prefabs have to be designed to carry logic and animations to execute at a later stage of the experience. We will look at Mecanim animation scenarios in conjunction with Vuforia and the necessary script logic to be able to interact with the Augmented Reality application. This will create an interesting experience for the AR user and allow us as developers to implement complex scenarios.
The target audience are developers intending to start on Augmented Reality development with Unity and Vuforia on mobile devices or desktop computers.
Students need an understanding of Unity basics and programming knowledge in C#. Prior experience in Augmented Reality development is a plus.
Organizational mattersDrinks, lunch, certificate of attendance and training materials are included in the price.
|03. 02. - 05. 02. 2020||1.590,00 €1.892,10 € incl. VAT|
|27. 04. - 29. 04. 2020||1.590,00 €1.892,10 € incl. VAT|
|22. 06. - 24. 06. 2020||1.590,00 €1.892,10 € incl. VAT|
|10. 08. - 12. 08. 2020||1.590,00 €1.892,10 € incl. VAT|
|12. 10. - 14. 10. 2020||1.590,00 €1.892,10 € incl. VAT|
Good trainer, good answers, interactive and adaptive. He showed good knowledge on the materials. Thank you!!
A very interesting and detailed class, in a pleasant environment with a professional teacher. Thanks!
Highly qualified trainer who was able to project his fascination for the topic well on the participants. Best seminar I have attended for a long time.
The course of the training was optimally adapted to the wishes and needs of the participants. The individual questions were also answered competently and in detail by the trainer.
A professionally experienced trainer who confidently communicates the topics authentically without boredom or fatigue.
Everything's perfect, thank you! I will book again with INCAS myself and recommend it to all interested parties!
The trainer was not only convincing because of his professional competence, but also because of his inexhaustible wealth of experience. This exceeded my expectations by far.
Due to the individual training methodology, all our questions could be answered immediately and in full! Awesome!
Great training centre, dedicated INCAS staff and trainers. It was very entertaining ;-)
Dates and Prices
Real-World Interaction via marker tracking with Vuforia for the Microsoft HoloLens
- Courses with execution guarantee and last-minute offers
- barrier-free access to many sites (e.g. Krefeld)
- Authorized training offers of all market-leading manufacturers
- 5 stars awarded by independent rating institute
Our training options
Are you or one of your employees facing a special challenge that you would like to master with a specific software solution? Do you need fast and targeted further training to make you fit to the point? Then an individual training course tailored to your individual needs is the right solution.
Is new software being introduced in your company? A team must quickly familiarize itself with a new program on a job-related basis? Don't let an expert just show you the program: Let our enthusiastic trainers inspire you with this new solution! At your site, 100% customized.
Public classroom training for which you can register as an individual take place at INCAS Training. You learn together with participants from other companies in a perfectly prepared learning environment. Shielded from the demands of everyday life, you can concentrate fully on the training in small working groups.All dates