Production Pipelines with Unity for Oculus VR Headsets Training
Learn the tricks of the art throughout the production process
In this three-day workshop, you will learn how to apply the right procedures and workflows from the initial idea to the finished, interactive VR application. You will go through the relevant steps of the entire production pipeline and learn the necessary tricks and peculiarities of the Oculus VR glasses (from Rift, Rift S, Go and Quest). You will learn how to create and publish assets and high-quality 3D visualizations with the Unity 3D Engine in a small learning group using Physically Based Rendering (PBR). The output is platform neutral and can be used for any kind of application besides the Oculus platform. At the end of this training, you will be able to develop a production for Oculus VR glasses from planning to release.
Geometry exchange between Unity and other software applications
- Import of geometries to Unity
- Import workflows of different source formats in the correct layout
- Troubleshooting of common geometry formats and the practical application of exchange
- Splitting of the geometry surfaces - Animation transports
- further topics
polygons, textures and UV coordinates
- Setting up the geometry and its various properties such as normals and display deviations
- Reasonable textures and their access in shaders for accurate and good-looking objects in Physically Based Rendering
- UV coordinates and their groupings in summaries for flexibility in displaying objects
- Setup of the relevant parts in one of the generalized forms across several software packages
- Usage in Unity
- Access to shader surfaces
Shaders and materials
- Understanding of shaders and the associated materials
- Summary of all parts in one complete Renderpass
- Surfaces, textures, lights and other influences to create correctly lit pixels
- These concepts must be fully understood at each pass to get the right output from the right input.
Physically Based Rendering in Theory
- Display accurate surface properties
- Distinction between e.g. metal, plastic or any other intermediate level between artificial materials in their representation
- Planning which texture files and shader capabilities are needed to visualize virtually anything that might occur in a project.
- Advanced texture workflow via Allegorithmic Substance Painter
- Integration into the pipeline
- The result: a high-quality look for any asset directly in Unity
Post-Processing of the contents
- The final finishing
- Post-effects such as clipping and correct anti-aliasing
- Various examples of Unity's ability to beautify the final image.
- In this scenario, performance is an important consideration and will be discussed with the participants in more detail.
Virtual Reality with Oculus
- Interaction with scenes in Virtual Reality
- Export and deployment of the application on an Oculus VR-glasses
- Tips & tricks for the development of VR content
User interface developers, engineers, 3D developers
The focus of the course is on the realization of a production pipeline, so you should have completed the Unity Fundamentals training in advance or have practical experience in Unity. You should have a solid understanding of the programming process necessary for interactivity within their scenes. Cross-application knowledge in modeling and texturing 3D programs (Cinema, 3Ds Max, Blender, Maya etc.) is necessary for the graphical part of the course.
Organizational mattersDrinks, lunch, certificate of attendance and training materials are included in the price.
|16. 12. - 18. 12. 2019 Guaranteed execution||1.272,00 €1.513,68 € incl. VAT|
|13. 01. - 15. 01. 2020||1.590,00 €1.892,10 € incl. VAT|
|09. 03. - 11. 03. 2020||1.590,00 €1.892,10 € incl. VAT|
|11. 05. - 13. 05. 2020||1.590,00 €1.892,10 € incl. VAT|
|13. 07. - 15. 07. 2020||1.590,00 €1.892,10 € incl. VAT|
Good trainer, good answers, interactive and adaptive. He showed good knowledge on the materials. Thank you!!
A very interesting and detailed class, in a pleasant environment with a professional teacher. Thanks!
Highly qualified trainer who was able to project his fascination for the topic well on the participants. Best seminar I have attended for a long time.
The course of the training was optimally adapted to the wishes and needs of the participants. The individual questions were also answered competently and in detail by the trainer.
A professionally experienced trainer who confidently communicates the topics authentically without boredom or fatigue.
Everything's perfect, thank you! I will book again with INCAS myself and recommend it to all interested parties!
The trainer was not only convincing because of his professional competence, but also because of his inexhaustible wealth of experience. This exceeded my expectations by far.
Due to the individual training methodology, all our questions could be answered immediately and in full! Awesome!
Great training centre, dedicated INCAS staff and trainers. It was very entertaining ;-)
Dates and Prices
Production Pipelines with Unity for Oculus VR Headsets
- Courses with execution guarantee and last-minute offers
- barrier-free access to many sites (e.g. Krefeld)
- Authorized training offers of all market-leading manufacturers
- 5 stars awarded by independent rating institute
Our training options
Are you or one of your employees facing a special challenge that you would like to master with a specific software solution? Do you need fast and targeted further training to make you fit to the point? Then an individual training course tailored to your individual needs is the right solution.
Is new software being introduced in your company? A team must quickly familiarize itself with a new program on a job-related basis? Don't let an expert just show you the program: Let our enthusiastic trainers inspire you with this new solution! At your site, 100% customized.
Public classroom training for which you can register as an individual take place at INCAS Training. You learn together with participants from other companies in a perfectly prepared learning environment. Shielded from the demands of everyday life, you can concentrate fully on the training in small working groups.All dates