Planning for Top Performance: Optimization Techniques Training
Identify and avoid simple optimization errors.
The goal of this workshop is to present participants with proven workflows for overcoming the performance issues in games. As participants work their way through the activities, they will be presented with different projects that have varying optimization scenarios that they will have to investigate and fix.
Each project focuses on a specific area of common optimization issues like graphics optimization, script optimization, memory allocation and platform limitations.
- Describe key optimization terms
- Define the differences between static and dynamic batching, and their impact on performance
- Discuss the differences between the Main, Render, and other Threads
- Use the Stats window to observe performance during play testing
- Assess performance trends in the Profiler Window
- Analyze memory usage with the Memory Profiler
- Filter data in the Frame Debugger
- Identify appropriate times to use Update versus Fixed Update
- Identify methods to reduce memory overhead for textures
- Reduce GameObject hierarchy complexity
- Adjust fixed timestep in scenes without Physics
- Utilize optimization tools to detect issues in various aspects of the project
- Interpret the data presented in the toolset to determine the optimization problem
- Determine solutions to optimization issues based on data gathered with optimization toolset
- Configure the Project to use Unity Performance Reporting
- Use Unity Performance Reporting to monitor build errors
- Download and configure Android Studio to monitor optimization errors in the game at runtime
- Download and configure Xcode Debugger to monitor optimization errors in the game at runtime
- Introduction: Learning Action Plan and course overview
- Activity 1: Introduction to Optimization
- Activity 2: Observing Performance and Assessing Trends
- Activity 3: A Case Study in Optimization
- Activity 4: Using Remote Debugging Tools
- Activity 5: A Glossary of Common GPU Bound Issues for Mobile
- Conclusion: Updating your Learning Action Plan and next steps
Game developers, architects, designers, 3D developers (engineering, visualization, architecture, game development etc.)
Prior experience with the Unity editor.
Organizational mattersDrinks, lunch, certificate of attendance and training materials are included in the price.
|09. 12. 2022||690,00 €800,40 € incl. VAT|
|09. 12. 2022||690,00 €800,40 € incl. VAT|
Good trainer, good answers, interactive and adaptive. He showed good knowledge on the materials. Thank you!!
A very interesting and detailed class, in a pleasant environment with a professional teacher. Thanks!
Highly qualified trainer who was able to project his fascination for the topic well on the participants. Best seminar I have attended for a long time.
The course of the training was optimally adapted to the wishes and needs of the participants. The individual questions were also answered competently and in detail by the trainer.
A professionally experienced trainer who confidently communicates the topics authentically without boredom or fatigue.
Everything's perfect, thank you! I will book again with INCAS myself and recommend it to all interested parties!
The trainer was not only convincing because of his professional competence, but also because of his inexhaustible wealth of experience. This exceeded my expectations by far.
Due to the individual training methodology, all our questions could be answered immediately and in full! Awesome!
Great training centre, dedicated INCAS staff and trainers. It was very entertaining ;-)
Dates and Prices
Planning for Top Performance: Optimization Techniques
- Courses with execution guarantee and last-minute offers
- barrier-free access to many sites (e.g. Krefeld)
- Authorized training offers of all market-leading manufacturers
- 5 stars awarded by independent rating institute
Our training options
Are you or one of your employees facing a special challenge that you would like to master with a specific software solution? Do you need fast and targeted further training to make you fit to the point? Then an individual training course tailored to your individual needs is the right solution. As classroom training or also live online.
Is new software being introduced in your company? A team must quickly familiarize itself with a new program on a job-related basis? Don't let an expert just show you the program: Let our enthusiastic trainers inspire you with this new solution! At your site, 100% customized, as classroom training or also live online.
Classroom / LVC
Public classroom training for which you can register as an individual, take place either in a training center or as Live Virtual Class (LVC). You learn together with participants from other companies in a perfectly prepared learning environment. Shielded from the demands of everyday life, you can concentrate fully on the training in small working groups. As classroom training or also live online.All dates