Introduction to Virtual Reality Training
Simple VR game development with Unity
In this intermediate level workshop, participants will learn to get started in VR. As such, no time is spent on the fundamentals of working within the Unity editor, and scripts are discussed in regards to their functionality rather than breaking down how they work step by step. The project built in the workshop is the Laser Cop Room Scale VR Game.
Subjects covered include developing a basic VR game for PC/Mac/Console, optimization techniques, ergonomics, physics and audio for VR.
The workshop requires both a headset and controllers, but there is a test script that will allow for in-editor development for participants who did not bring a VR headset with them.
Although a gaming project is used as the example in this workshop, the features and functions are applicable to all Unity projects. The VR game that participants will build is fully compatible with the HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, and should be equally usable on any other PC headset. Please note, it will not work on mobile.
- Identify key historical points in the modern resurgence of VR
- Identify the different (technological, economical) factors that increased the popularity of VR as a platform, and explain why the industry believes that this is the right time for VR
- Explain Unity’s role in the VR industry and its advantage over other platforms
- Identify the different categories of headsets (Computer, Console, Mobile, Stand alone) and the various advantages and disadvantages they have over one and other
- Identify the major headset brands and their key features
- Analyze different causes of motion sickness in VR games and approaches that can be taken to minimize the effects
- Adjust gae physics to produce a higher frame rate
- Strategically place objects targeting the Player to approach below eye level
- Configure an accurate height for the Player character for both a seated/standing and room-scale experience
- Analyze the key issues related to non-standardized scale within a VR project
- Identify asset scale requirements for a VR project
- Configure imported assets so scale is consistent throughout the project
- Identify the key differences between developing games for VR versus other traditional platforms
- Identify different techniques to handle movement in VR games and analyze when they are best utilized in different game types
- Create Input settings to accommodate VR controllers
- Identify the key features of spatial audio and how it is utilized in VR
- Set important audio sources to spatialize in the game
- Enable VR settings in the Unity editor
- Create a script stand-in to allow game development and testing when a headset is not available
- Implement In-Editor console notifications to ease development when a headset is being used
- Introduction: Learning Action Plan and course overview
- Understanding VR
- Setting up the Project and enabling VR
- Implementing Gameplay: Enemies
- Implementing Gameplay: Players
- Adjusting Audio and Physics
- Pausing and UI Interactions
- Conclusion: Updating your Learning Action Plan and next steps
Prospective game developers who want to familiarize themselves with the possibilities of Unity.
Prior experience with the Unity editor.
Organizational mattersDrinks, lunch, certificate of attendance and training materials are included in the price.
Good trainer, good answers, interactive and adaptive. He showed good knowledge on the materials. Thank you!!
A very interesting and detailed class, in a pleasant environment with a professional teacher. Thanks!
Highly qualified trainer who was able to project his fascination for the topic well on the participants. Best seminar I have attended for a long time.
The course of the training was optimally adapted to the wishes and needs of the participants. The individual questions were also answered competently and in detail by the trainer.
A professionally experienced trainer who confidently communicates the topics authentically without boredom or fatigue.
Everything's perfect, thank you! I will book again with INCAS myself and recommend it to all interested parties!
The trainer was not only convincing because of his professional competence, but also because of his inexhaustible wealth of experience. This exceeded my expectations by far.
Due to the individual training methodology, all our questions could be answered immediately and in full! Awesome!
Great training centre, dedicated INCAS staff and trainers. It was very entertaining ;-)
Dates and Prices
Introduction to Virtual Reality
- Courses with execution guarantee and last-minute offers
- barrier-free access to many sites (e.g. Krefeld)
- Authorized training offers of all market-leading manufacturers
- 5 stars awarded by independent rating institute
Our training options
Are you or one of your employees facing a special challenge that you would like to master with a specific software solution? Do you need fast and targeted further training to make you fit to the point? Then an individual training course tailored to your individual needs is the right solution. As classroom training or also live online.
Is new software being introduced in your company? A team must quickly familiarize itself with a new program on a job-related basis? Don't let an expert just show you the program: Let our enthusiastic trainers inspire you with this new solution! At your site, 100% customized, as classroom training or also live online.
Classroom / LVC
Public classroom training for which you can register as an individual, take place either in a training center or as Live Virtual Class (LVC). You learn together with participants from other companies in a perfectly prepared learning environment. Shielded from the demands of everyday life, you can concentrate fully on the training in small working groups. As classroom training or also live online.All dates