Introduction to Mobile Game Development Training
Build a mobile game from the ground up.
The goal of this workshop is to get participants up and running with Unity, specifically its suite of 2D mobile features. As participants work through the activities, they will build a 2D mobile game from the ground up, learning skills like sprites, animation, game mechanics, analytics, monetization, and publishing. The project in this workshop is a side-scrolling, endless-runner game that will run on touch input.
By the end of the workshop, participants will have used the 2D toolset to build characters, scenes, animations, and game mechanics for mobile deployment of their game.
- Identify the platforms the Unity Engine can deploy to plan building content once and deploy across platforms
- Identify trade offs made for mobile deployment versus PC/Console deployment
- Identify optimization considerations to the provided assets and why they were made for the 2D mobile game project.
- Identify the different Editor windows and their purposes
- Use common hotkeys and shortcuts to navigate in the Editor
- Configure a Unity Project for 2D development
- Use the Sprite Editor to slice Sprite Sheets for use in the Scene
- Apply 2D colliders for Physics interactions
- Configure Prefabs for use throughout the Scene
- Use Tilemap to build multi-layered Sprite based Scenes
- Use Scriptable Tiles to
- Adjust Sprite Z-positioning to create a parallax effect
- Import character sprite sheet animations
- Create keyframe animations to create smooth transitions for the character animations
- Enable the control of multiple animation sequences with the Animator
- Enable the Sprite Packer to automate and optimize textures applied to Sprites
- Create Scriptable brushes for the platforms.
- Use scripts to implement gameplay
- Configure a Cinemachine camera to create a follow camera
- Apply and configure mobile gestures (touch, tap and swipes) to implement Player controller.
- Build a simple UI to display gameplay behavior
- Identify analytics services for mobile games
- Identify monetization services for mobile games
- Identify retention services for mobile games
- Identify Google Cloud save for storing information for multiple devices
- Create a basic plan for implementing services for future 2D mobile game development
- Publish the completed 2D Game to Android and iOS
- Introduction: Workshop Overview and Learning Action Plan
- Activity 1: Setting up a Project and Scene
- Activity 2: Creating Animations and Players
- Activity 3: Creating Game Mechanics
- Activity 4: Finalizing the Game
- Activity 5: Unity Services for Mobile Games
- Conclusion: Learning Action Plan and Further Learning
Prospective game developers who want to familiarize themselves with the possibilities of Unity.
No prior experience required
Organizational mattersDrinks, lunch, certificate of attendance and training materials are included in the price.
|09. 12. 2019||470,00 €559,30 € incl. VAT|
|09. 03. 2020||470,00 €559,30 € incl. VAT|
|08. 06. 2020||470,00 €559,30 € incl. VAT|
|07. 09. 2020||470,00 €559,30 € incl. VAT|
|07. 12. 2020||470,00 €559,30 € incl. VAT|
Good trainer, good answers, interactive and adaptive. He showed good knowledge on the materials. Thank you!!
A very interesting and detailed class, in a pleasant environment with a professional teacher. Thanks!
Highly qualified trainer who was able to project his fascination for the topic well on the participants. Best seminar I have attended for a long time.
The course of the training was optimally adapted to the wishes and needs of the participants. The individual questions were also answered competently and in detail by the trainer.
A professionally experienced trainer who confidently communicates the topics authentically without boredom or fatigue.
Everything's perfect, thank you! I will book again with INCAS myself and recommend it to all interested parties!
The trainer was not only convincing because of his professional competence, but also because of his inexhaustible wealth of experience. This exceeded my expectations by far.
Due to the individual training methodology, all our questions could be answered immediately and in full! Awesome!
Great training centre, dedicated INCAS staff and trainers. It was very entertaining ;-)
Dates and Prices
Introduction to Mobile Game Development
- Courses with execution guarantee and last-minute offers
- barrier-free access to many sites (e.g. Krefeld)
- Authorized training offers of all market-leading manufacturers
- 5 stars awarded by independent rating institute
Our training options
Are you or one of your employees facing a special challenge that you would like to master with a specific software solution? Do you need fast and targeted further training to make you fit to the point? Then an individual training course tailored to your individual needs is the right solution.
Is new software being introduced in your company? A team must quickly familiarize itself with a new program on a job-related basis? Don't let an expert just show you the program: Let our enthusiastic trainers inspire you with this new solution! At your site, 100% customized.
Public classroom training for which you can register as an individual take place at INCAS Training. You learn together with participants from other companies in a perfectly prepared learning environment. Shielded from the demands of everyday life, you can concentrate fully on the training in small working groups.All dates