Introduction to Automotive Design Visualization Training
Design and stage vehicle models with Unity.
In this workshop, automotive artists and designers will get a focused introduction to the Unity Editor and the PiXYZ workflow. They will learn the basics of Unity to import CAD Models with PiXYZ and create beautiful 3D models and renderings for automotive industry specific content.
Participants will construct an interactive scene featuring a concept car in a garage, then create a user interface to allow user modification and interaction within the scene.
In building the project participants will learn key elements of working with the Unity editor from general usability and visual development with tools such as the PiXYZ Plugin, to working with the High Definition Render Pipeline, Lighting, and Materials.
- Describe how Unity is being used in automotive design, training, and sales
- Explain the benefits of using virtual car models in a real-time application
- Identify Main Editor features and how to navigate in the Editor
- Import and configure assets for constructing scene environments
- Import and configure a car model for design evaluation
- Identify the steps to import CAD Data assets into a scene
- Import Unity Packages and CAD Data with Pixyz Plugin
- Set up and configure a High Definition Rendering Pipeline (HDRP) project
- Identify Material settings for project assets ○ Configure imported materials to work with HDRP
- Edit Materials to create realistic models (car) and environment (garage)
- Prepare car mesh elements for animation
- Apply textures to materials to create a realistic look for the environment (garage) and (car) model
- Configure scene lighting using Global Illumination for Realtime lighting scenarios
- Create Reflection Probes to simulate realistic scene reflection
- Identify light types such as Pointlights to use throughout the scene
- Identify the need for and plan the design of Flyaround tracks
- Use Cinemachine Virtual Cameras to aid in focusing on scene targets
- Create Dolly Cart and Track Waypoints to create the Flyaround effect
- Test created scenes for accurate functionality according to design specs
- Use the Post-Processing Stack to create a stylized look
- Develop common interactive automotive applications such as a configurator or viewer
- Create and configure UI elements to allow users to interact with the project
- Introduction: Workshop Overview and Learning Action Plan
- Activity 1: Unity within the Automotive Industry
- Activity 2: Navigation in the Unity Editor
- Activity 3: Working with Materials
- Activity 4: Creating the Scene Lighting
- Activity 5: Creating Cinematics for Visualization
- Activity 6: Preparing for Visual Fidelity and Interactive Experiences
- Conclusion: Updating your Learning Action Plan and next steps
Automotive designers, designers, 3D developers
No prior experience required
Organizational mattersDrinks, lunch, certificate of attendance and training materials are included in the price.
|01. 12. 2022||690,00 €800,40 € incl. VAT|
|01. 12. 2022||690,00 €800,40 € incl. VAT|
Good trainer, good answers, interactive and adaptive. He showed good knowledge on the materials. Thank you!!
A very interesting and detailed class, in a pleasant environment with a professional teacher. Thanks!
Highly qualified trainer who was able to project his fascination for the topic well on the participants. Best seminar I have attended for a long time.
The course of the training was optimally adapted to the wishes and needs of the participants. The individual questions were also answered competently and in detail by the trainer.
A professionally experienced trainer who confidently communicates the topics authentically without boredom or fatigue.
Everything's perfect, thank you! I will book again with INCAS myself and recommend it to all interested parties!
The trainer was not only convincing because of his professional competence, but also because of his inexhaustible wealth of experience. This exceeded my expectations by far.
Due to the individual training methodology, all our questions could be answered immediately and in full! Awesome!
Great training centre, dedicated INCAS staff and trainers. It was very entertaining ;-)
Dates and Prices
Introduction to Automotive Design Visualization
- Courses with execution guarantee and last-minute offers
- barrier-free access to many sites (e.g. Krefeld)
- Authorized training offers of all market-leading manufacturers
- 5 stars awarded by independent rating institute
Our training options
Are you or one of your employees facing a special challenge that you would like to master with a specific software solution? Do you need fast and targeted further training to make you fit to the point? Then an individual training course tailored to your individual needs is the right solution. As classroom training or also live online.
Is new software being introduced in your company? A team must quickly familiarize itself with a new program on a job-related basis? Don't let an expert just show you the program: Let our enthusiastic trainers inspire you with this new solution! At your site, 100% customized, as classroom training or also live online.
Classroom / LVC
Public classroom training for which you can register as an individual, take place either in a training center or as Live Virtual Class (LVC). You learn together with participants from other companies in a perfectly prepared learning environment. Shielded from the demands of everyday life, you can concentrate fully on the training in small working groups. As classroom training or also live online.All dates