Introduction to 3D Game Development Training
Build a 3rd person 3D game from the ground up.
The goal of this workshop is to get participants up and running with the Unity game engine focusing specifically on working with its suite of 3D features. As participants work through the activities, they will build a 3rd person 3D game from the ground up, covering major subject areas including importing, animation, character configuration, implementing game mechanics, and publishing.
The project is an 3D Battle Arena game. In the workshop, participants will build a simple arena level, create the character and enemies, implement gameplay, and setup health and score UI before learning the basics of publishing their game to PC.
- Identify the different Editor windows and their purposes
- Use common hotkeys and shortcuts in the Scene view
- Configure a Unity Project for 3D development
- Create and configure physically based materials
- Use imported assets to build levels
- Create level component Prefabs for reuse throughout the game
- Apply Colliders for Physics interactions
- Modify default lighting to achieve more realistic effects
- Use the Animator to manage different animation states
- Configure imported animation clips to blend appropriately with other animations
- Integrate scripts to create a Player controller with keyboard input
- Use a Cinemachine camera to create the third person camera effect
- Build a UI to display game data
- Create Navigation meshes for enemy Pathfinding
- Configure NavMesh Agents to work with Navigation meshes
- Integrate scripts to create enemy behaviors
- Configure build settings for PC or Mac games
- Introduction: Learning Action Plan and course overview
- Activity 1: Unity Editor Basics
- Activity 2: Creating Environments
- Activity 3: Creating the Player
- Activity 4: Implementing Gameplay
- Activity 5: User Feedback and Publishing
- Wrap-up: Updating your Learning Action Plan and next steps
Prospective game developers who want to familiarize themselves with the possibilities of Unity.
Prior experience with the Unity editor.
Organizational mattersDrinks, lunch, certificate of attendance and training materials are included in the price.
|06. 12. 2019||470,00 €559,30 € incl. VAT|
|27. 01. 2020||470,00 €559,30 € incl. VAT|
|24. 02. 2020||470,00 €559,30 € incl. VAT|
|16. 03. 2020||470,00 €559,30 € incl. VAT|
|20. 04. 2020||470,00 €559,30 € incl. VAT|
Good trainer, good answers, interactive and adaptive. He showed good knowledge on the materials. Thank you!!
A very interesting and detailed class, in a pleasant environment with a professional teacher. Thanks!
Highly qualified trainer who was able to project his fascination for the topic well on the participants. Best seminar I have attended for a long time.
The course of the training was optimally adapted to the wishes and needs of the participants. The individual questions were also answered competently and in detail by the trainer.
A professionally experienced trainer who confidently communicates the topics authentically without boredom or fatigue.
Everything's perfect, thank you! I will book again with INCAS myself and recommend it to all interested parties!
The trainer was not only convincing because of his professional competence, but also because of his inexhaustible wealth of experience. This exceeded my expectations by far.
Due to the individual training methodology, all our questions could be answered immediately and in full! Awesome!
Great training centre, dedicated INCAS staff and trainers. It was very entertaining ;-)
Dates and Prices
Introduction to 3D Game Development
- Courses with execution guarantee and last-minute offers
- barrier-free access to many sites (e.g. Krefeld)
- Authorized training offers of all market-leading manufacturers
- 5 stars awarded by independent rating institute
Our training options
Are you or one of your employees facing a special challenge that you would like to master with a specific software solution? Do you need fast and targeted further training to make you fit to the point? Then an individual training course tailored to your individual needs is the right solution.
Is new software being introduced in your company? A team must quickly familiarize itself with a new program on a job-related basis? Don't let an expert just show you the program: Let our enthusiastic trainers inspire you with this new solution! At your site, 100% customized.
Public classroom training for which you can register as an individual take place at INCAS Training. You learn together with participants from other companies in a perfectly prepared learning environment. Shielded from the demands of everyday life, you can concentrate fully on the training in small working groups.All dates