Introduction to 2D Game Development Training
Bbuild a 2D game from the ground up.
The goal of this workshop is to get participants up and running with Unity, focusing specifically on working with its suite of 2D features. As participants work through the activities, they will build a 2D game from the ground up, covering major subject areas including sprites, animation, game mechanics, and publishing.
The project in this workshop is a side-scrolling, endless-runner game that will run on mouse input. After the initial mouse click, the player will begin to run, and all subsequent mouse clicks will result in the player jumping. The goal of the game is to run to the end of the level while collecting as many objects as possible without falling off the platforms.
- Identify the different Editor windows and their purposes
- Use common hotkeys and shortcuts to navigate in the Editor
- Configure a Unity Project for 2D development
- Use the Sprite Editor to slice Sprite Sheets for use in the Scene
- Apply 2D colliders for Physics interactions
- Configure Prefabs for use throughout the Scene
- Use Tilemap to build multi-layered Sprite based Scenes
- Adjust Sprite Z-positioning to create a parallax effect
- Create sprite sheet animations
- Create keyframe animations
- Control multiple animation sequences with the Animator
- Use scripts to implement gameplay
- Configure a Cinemachine camera to create a follow camera
- Use multiple components to create a input based Player controller
- Build a simple UI to display gameplay behavior
- Publish the completed game for PC and Mac
- Publish the completed game for Android
- Introduction: Workshop Overview and Learning Action Plan
- Activity 1: Project Setup and Scene Creation
- Activity 2: Animation and Player Creation
- Activity 3: Creating Game Mechanics
- Activity 4: Finalizing the Game
- Conclusion: Learning Action Plan and Further Learning
Prospective game developers who want to familiarize themselves with the possibilities of Unity.
No prior experience required
Organizational mattersDrinks, lunch, certificate of attendance and training materials are included in the price.
Good trainer, good answers, interactive and adaptive. He showed good knowledge on the materials. Thank you!!
A very interesting and detailed class, in a pleasant environment with a professional teacher. Thanks!
Highly qualified trainer who was able to project his fascination for the topic well on the participants. Best seminar I have attended for a long time.
The course of the training was optimally adapted to the wishes and needs of the participants. The individual questions were also answered competently and in detail by the trainer.
A professionally experienced trainer who confidently communicates the topics authentically without boredom or fatigue.
Everything's perfect, thank you! I will book again with INCAS myself and recommend it to all interested parties!
The trainer was not only convincing because of his professional competence, but also because of his inexhaustible wealth of experience. This exceeded my expectations by far.
Due to the individual training methodology, all our questions could be answered immediately and in full! Awesome!
Great training centre, dedicated INCAS staff and trainers. It was very entertaining ;-)
Dates and Prices
Introduction to 2D Game Development
- Courses with execution guarantee and last-minute offers
- barrier-free access to many sites (e.g. Krefeld)
- Authorized training offers of all market-leading manufacturers
- 5 stars awarded by independent rating institute
Our training options
Are you or one of your employees facing a special challenge that you would like to master with a specific software solution? Do you need fast and targeted further training to make you fit to the point? Then an individual training course tailored to your individual needs is the right solution. As classroom training or also live online.
Is new software being introduced in your company? A team must quickly familiarize itself with a new program on a job-related basis? Don't let an expert just show you the program: Let our enthusiastic trainers inspire you with this new solution! At your site, 100% customized, as classroom training or also live online.
Classroom / LVC
Public classroom training for which you can register as an individual, take place either in a training center or as Live Virtual Class (LVC). You learn together with participants from other companies in a perfectly prepared learning environment. Shielded from the demands of everyday life, you can concentrate fully on the training in small working groups. As classroom training or also live online.All dates