Expert Gameplay Programmer Exam Preparation Training
Be prepared to successfully pass the exam!
This workshop covers six topic areas distributed over 3 days of study. These topics include Rapid Gameplay Prototyping and Unity Services Implementation; NPC Design programming and User Interface Implementation; Level Design Programming and Performance Optimization. The format of this workshop is project and activity based. Participants will spend most of their time individually programming to solve challenges introduced by the instructor with brief group discussion and group sharing to clarify concepts and problems. This workshop is not a follow-the-leader style course. Participants will need to feel comfortable individually programming a game in Unity.
Introduction: Workshop overview and Learning Action Plan
Rapid Gameplay Prototyping
- Interpret a Game Design Document to determine basic game functionality
- Build your level to meet the specification in the GDD
- Create your player character to meet GDD specifications
- Create a series of enemies for the game as defined by the GDD
- Create a scoring system as defined in the GDD
- Identify conflicts and solutions during prototype stage to improve game play
Unity Services Implementation
- Demonstrate knowledge of Unity Ad placement for optimal player experience
- Enable ads in the game to demonstrate knowledge of Unity Services
- Demonstrate knowledge of Unity In-App Purchasing (IAP)
- Setup data collection points to demonstrate knowledge of Unity Analytics
NPC Design Programming
- Demonstrate knowledge of NPC logic and behavior
- Demonstrate knowledge of animation behavior systems
- Demonstrate knowledge of Navigation and Pathfinding
- Demonstrate knowledge of the waypoint system
- Demonstrate knowledge of NPC spawning and placement
User Interface Implementation
- Develop a HUD to demonstrate knowledge of UI coordinate systems
- Create an options menu to demonstrate knowledge of user interface scripting
Level Design Programming
- Create a basic game world level to demonstrate knowledge of level design using the supplied project and GDD
- Add a player characters to your level to demonstrate knowledge of physics configurations
- Make the character fire at targets to demonstrate knowledge of raycasting
- Populate the level with Particle Systems and Effects
- Demonstrate knowledge of script-spawned Prefabs during runtime
- Demonstrate knowledge of scene loading and unloading
- Demonstrate knowledge of rendering optimization to improve gameplay
- Demonstrate knowledge of gameplay debugging
- Demonstrate knowledge of platform differences and impact on gameplay
Gamedesigner and Programmer.
2-3 years of experience developing games with Unity with advanced programming skills, particularly in the C# language
Organizational mattersDrinks, lunch, certificate of attendance and training materials are included in the price.
Good trainer, good answers, interactive and adaptive. He showed good knowledge on the materials. Thank you!!
A very interesting and detailed class, in a pleasant environment with a professional teacher. Thanks!
Highly qualified trainer who was able to project his fascination for the topic well on the participants. Best seminar I have attended for a long time.
The course of the training was optimally adapted to the wishes and needs of the participants. The individual questions were also answered competently and in detail by the trainer.
A professionally experienced trainer who confidently communicates the topics authentically without boredom or fatigue.
Everything's perfect, thank you! I will book again with INCAS myself and recommend it to all interested parties!
The trainer was not only convincing because of his professional competence, but also because of his inexhaustible wealth of experience. This exceeded my expectations by far.
Due to the individual training methodology, all our questions could be answered immediately and in full! Awesome!
Great training centre, dedicated INCAS staff and trainers. It was very entertaining ;-)
Dates and Prices
Expert Gameplay Programmer Exam Preparation
- Courses with execution guarantee and last-minute offers
- barrier-free access to many sites (e.g. Krefeld)
- Authorized training offers of all market-leading manufacturers
- 5 stars awarded by independent rating institute
Our training options
Are you or one of your employees facing a special challenge that you would like to master with a specific software solution? Do you need fast and targeted further training to make you fit to the point? Then an individual training course tailored to your individual needs is the right solution. As classroom training or also live online.
Is new software being introduced in your company? A team must quickly familiarize itself with a new program on a job-related basis? Don't let an expert just show you the program: Let our enthusiastic trainers inspire you with this new solution! At your site, 100% customized, as classroom training or also live online.
Classroom / LVC
Public classroom training for which you can register as an individual, take place either in a training center or as Live Virtual Class (LVC). You learn together with participants from other companies in a perfectly prepared learning environment. Shielded from the demands of everyday life, you can concentrate fully on the training in small working groups. As classroom training or also live online.All dates