Development with Unity on the Windows Mixed Reality Platform Training
Introduction to Unity Development for Windows Mixed Reality Headsets
This course provides students with the opportunity to develop, create and deploy mixed reality projects using the Microsoft MR solution. Students will setup 3D scenarios using the tools needed to visualize complex scenes and behaviours. This will enable them to build and publish a working MR solution from scratch. Included are an understanding of the VR display device, input devices, how to setup controllers to interact with the scene, and sub-systems in Unity eg: animations, sound and programming. The underlying topics are generally applicable across a broad spectrum of industries, f.e. automotive, construction, games or any kind of commercial visualization.
The creation of a Unity project for use with Microsoft MR
- Setup of a specific enviroment for Microsoft MR solutions inside Unity is discussed and the relevant project structures and settings are explored. This incorporates a proper integration of version control and explanation of the various paradigms found in a Mixed Reality production.
Deployment of the project to the target devices
- Limitations and proper handling of the hardware is the focus of this module. After setup of the project we’re using the new environment to publish a first demo to the desired Univeral Windows Platform (UWP) output device.
The positioning of 3D objects in the real word
- To make proper use of the Virtual Reality environment, we need to understand the Unity process necessary to structure a scene, and furnish it with 3D objects. To seemlessly integrate any geometry into the Microsoft Mixed Reality, various concepts have to be understood first. The ability of the MR solutions to sense it’s surroundings and accessing specific data of this kind is explained in detail. Combining the devices abilities as well as a solid Unity scene setup is key to any visualization.
Dynamic instantiation at runtime
- Not everything in the scene can be setup before the application is started on the output device. To be able to change the scene layout or introduce new geometry, dynamic instantiation has to be incorporated at runtime. We discuss the handling of Unity for these situations. This will incorporate Prefabs, object hierarchies and performance considerations.
Input in a Mixed Reality scenario
- Regular input devices like mouse or keyboard are not present in the MR scenario and are substituted by voice commands, gaze directions and tracking controllers. How to apply these special input vectors to a proper 3D application needs to be understood and is discussed here.
Understanding realtime 3D graphics in detail
- To visualize any desired setting in a Mixed Reality scenario, it is important to understand the underlying concepts of the displayed 3D graphics as well as their benefits and limitations in production. Various concepts like basic polygons making up the geometry, UV set mapping and textures, shaders and materials as well as lighting setups are discussed and used to refine the look of the output application.
Best practices for production in Microsoft MR
- The ability to avoid the most common pitfalls in production is a very worthwile skill. Experience allows for swift execution of a production idea and in this module we learn how to apply the best fitting strategy to the correct situation. This will allow the students to side step any pitfalls that might otherwise show up down the road.
Troubleshooting problems with framerate and performance
- Productions often suffer from many kinds of ill-tuned assets which show up as playback problems at application runtime. Programming code can be tricky to manage as well. Therefore the students need a solid footing in the ability to troubleshoot and debug their own productions. This is explained in detail in this module. Topics like the profiler and graphical debugging are incorporated as analysis tools for further study of the project internas.
The target audience are artists with a moderate technical background, with the intend of starting to work with Microsoft MR solutions and Unity.
Attendees must have some experience with Unity and have a basic understanding of programming in C#. It is advantageous to know about the theoretical background of 3D graphics and have hands-on experience regarding 3D content creation in any of the commonly available software packages.
Organizational mattersDrinks, lunch, certificate of attendance and training materials are included in the price.
Good trainer, good answers, interactive and adaptive. He showed good knowledge on the materials. Thank you!!
A very interesting and detailed class, in a pleasant environment with a professional teacher. Thanks!
Highly qualified trainer who was able to project his fascination for the topic well on the participants. Best seminar I have attended for a long time.
The course of the training was optimally adapted to the wishes and needs of the participants. The individual questions were also answered competently and in detail by the trainer.
A professionally experienced trainer who confidently communicates the topics authentically without boredom or fatigue.
Everything's perfect, thank you! I will book again with INCAS myself and recommend it to all interested parties!
The trainer was not only convincing because of his professional competence, but also because of his inexhaustible wealth of experience. This exceeded my expectations by far.
Due to the individual training methodology, all our questions could be answered immediately and in full! Awesome!
Great training centre, dedicated INCAS staff and trainers. It was very entertaining ;-)
Dates and Prices
Development with Unity on the Windows Mixed Reality Platform
- Courses with execution guarantee and last-minute offers
- barrier-free access to many sites (e.g. Krefeld)
- Authorized training offers of all market-leading manufacturers
- 5 stars awarded by independent rating institute
Our training options
Are you or one of your employees facing a special challenge that you would like to master with a specific software solution? Do you need fast and targeted further training to make you fit to the point? Then an individual training course tailored to your individual needs is the right solution. As classroom training or also live online.
Is new software being introduced in your company? A team must quickly familiarize itself with a new program on a job-related basis? Don't let an expert just show you the program: Let our enthusiastic trainers inspire you with this new solution! At your site, 100% customized, as classroom training or also live online.
Classroom / LVC
Public classroom training for which you can register as an individual, take place either in a training center or as Live Virtual Class (LVC). You learn together with participants from other companies in a perfectly prepared learning environment. Shielded from the demands of everyday life, you can concentrate fully on the training in small working groups. As classroom training or also live online.All dates