Development with Unity on the HTC Vive Platform Training
Introduction to VR development for HTC Vive
The aim of this course is the introduction to Virtual Reality development on the HTC Vive. The creation of real-time applications happens in Unity.
The course outlines the technical production of 3D-content as well as discussing the necessary interactive programming to create complete Unity-Scenes. This will provide the users with the ability to develop typical scenarios for the HTC Vive in Unity and receive a comprehensive insight into the necessary preparation, so that a complete project can be seamlessly visualized on this new platform.
Basic Project Structure:
- What should be paid attention to in Unity when creating a project with the HTC Vive. What settings are supported in Virtual Reality and what effects do they have?
Unity as a Virtual Reality Environment:
- To ensure a smooth development with short turnaround times a comprehensive emulation mode of the HTC Vive is provided in Unity. Here environments can be viewed in a polygonal manner at runtime. Mastering this mode is the key to fast success in production.
SteamVR Software and Asset Store Packages:
- To be able to develop with Steam for the HTV Vive, third party software must be integrated outside of Unity as well as inside the project to make the hardware completely accessible.
Deployment on the HTC Vive:
- Completed projects need to be made available as EXE on the devices. Here we discuss how.
Positioning of objects in 3D space with physical interaction:
- In a pre-existing scene, the static elements are not the only things that are present. To be able to make changes to the scene layout at runtime, one must understand the underlying transform mechanisms in detail. How are Physics-effects applied and what should one pay attention to during the dynamic development?
VRTK as an initial assistance when building the environment:
- Just developing the scene is not enough for usability. With VRTK as a tool we will learn how to make objects tangible and usable. Thus, a static environment becomes a dynamic scene.
Dynamic instantiation of objects at runtime:
- The preparation of objects for usage at runtime in the HTC Vive demands certain preparation and Unity know-how in the development of so called prefabs. This will be discussed in detail.
Scene-dynamics and animation:
- How can one make things interactively usable beyond the simple placement in space? The corresponding prefab strategies and script interactions will be taught. This also enables the implementation of complicated object representations together with their functions.
Framerate difficulties and troubleshooting:
- Often, it is not trivial, but rarely difficult to recognize details that stop a production. The most popular problems are summarized briefly and we learn methods to eradicate such obstacles from the very beginning.
3D Developers from all areas (Game development, Visualization, Architecture etc.)
- Participants should be able to create and understand scripts in C#. Practical experience in setting up scenes and functions in Unity is essential.
- Existing software design and mathematical knowledge (especially vectors in 3D space) are advantageous but not absolutely necessary.
- Practical knowledge about the basic construction of 3D graphics on a polygonal basis is necessary. Details regarding the present platform are covered in the course.
Organizational mattersDrinks, lunch, certificate of attendance and training materials are included in the price.
|09. 12. - 11. 12. 2019||1.590,00 €1.892,10 € incl. VAT|
|10. 02. - 12. 02. 2020||1.590,00 €1.892,10 € incl. VAT|
|06. 04. - 08. 04. 2020||1.590,00 €1.892,10 € incl. VAT|
|08. 06. - 10. 06. 2020||1.590,00 €1.892,10 € incl. VAT|
|03. 08. - 05. 08. 2020||1.590,00 €1.892,10 € incl. VAT|
Good trainer, good answers, interactive and adaptive. He showed good knowledge on the materials. Thank you!!
A very interesting and detailed class, in a pleasant environment with a professional teacher. Thanks!
Highly qualified trainer who was able to project his fascination for the topic well on the participants. Best seminar I have attended for a long time.
The course of the training was optimally adapted to the wishes and needs of the participants. The individual questions were also answered competently and in detail by the trainer.
A professionally experienced trainer who confidently communicates the topics authentically without boredom or fatigue.
Everything's perfect, thank you! I will book again with INCAS myself and recommend it to all interested parties!
The trainer was not only convincing because of his professional competence, but also because of his inexhaustible wealth of experience. This exceeded my expectations by far.
Due to the individual training methodology, all our questions could be answered immediately and in full! Awesome!
Great training centre, dedicated INCAS staff and trainers. It was very entertaining ;-)
Dates and Prices
Development with Unity on the HTC Vive Platform
- Courses with execution guarantee and last-minute offers
- barrier-free access to many sites (e.g. Krefeld)
- Authorized training offers of all market-leading manufacturers
- 5 stars awarded by independent rating institute
Our training options
Are you or one of your employees facing a special challenge that you would like to master with a specific software solution? Do you need fast and targeted further training to make you fit to the point? Then an individual training course tailored to your individual needs is the right solution.
Is new software being introduced in your company? A team must quickly familiarize itself with a new program on a job-related basis? Don't let an expert just show you the program: Let our enthusiastic trainers inspire you with this new solution! At your site, 100% customized.
Public classroom training for which you can register as an individual take place at INCAS Training. You learn together with participants from other companies in a perfectly prepared learning environment. Shielded from the demands of everyday life, you can concentrate fully on the training in small working groups.All dates