Development with Unity for Oculus VR Headsets Training
VR development for Oculus Rift, Rift S, Go and Quest
In this training you will get an introduction to the special features of developing virtual reality applications for the Oculus Rift, Rift S, Go and Quest with Unity. We will discuss the technical production of the 3D content with you in detail as well as the necessary interactive programming to create complete Unity scenes. You develop typical scenarios for the Oculus VR headsets in the Unity development environment on our high-end PCs, which are available for you and the other training participants in the training room. From setting up the project to the necessary preparation and export, you learn everything about the production pipeline to smoothly visualize a complete project on this platform.
Basic Project Structure:
- What to look for in Unity when creating an Oculus project. Which settings are supported in Virtual Reality and what effects do they have.
Unity as Virtual Reality Environment:
- To enable smooth development with short turnaround times, a comprehensive emulation mode is offered for Oculus VR glasses in Unity. Here, environments can be viewed at runtime in a polygonal manner. The actual handling of this mode is the key to rapid success in production.
Oculus Platform and Asset Store Packages:
- In order to develop for devices on the Oculus platform, the right interfaces must be integrated outside Unity and within the project to make the hardware fully accessible. We discuss the exact procedure and its pitfalls.
Deployment on Oculus glasses:
- Finished projects for desktop glasses like Rift have to be transferred to the player as EXE. For mobile glasses the same must be exported and installed as APK. Here is discussed how.
Positioning of objects in 3D space with physical interaction:
- In a given scene, not only static elements are usually present. In order to be able to make changes to the scene layout at runtime, the knowledge of the underlying transform mechanisms must be understood in detail. How are physics effects integrated, what has to be considered in the dynamic construction.
VRTK as entry aid to the environmental structure:
- To build up the scene on its own is not enough for usability. Using the VR framework "VRTK" for Unity as a tool, we learn to make objects touchable and usable. Thus a static environment becomes a dynamic scenery.
Dynamic instantiation of objects at runtime:
- The preparation of objects in order to be able to use them on Oculus glasses at runtime requires certain precautions and Unity know-how in order to set up so-called prefabs. This will be discussed in detail.
Scene dynamics and animations:
- How can you make things interactively "usable" in a complex way beyond mere placement in space? The corresponding prefab strategies and script interactions are taught. This way even complicated object representations can be realized together with included functions.
Framerate Problems and Troubleshooting:
- It is often trivial, but not infrequently difficult to recognize details that cause a production to stall. We will briefly describe the most popular problems here and learn methods for eliminating such stumbling blocks from the very beginning.
3D developers from all areas (game development, visualization, architecture etc.)
- Participants should be able to create and understand scripts in C#. Practical experience in building scenes and functionalities in Unity is essential.
- Existing software design and mathematical knowledge (especially vectors in 3D space) are advantageous, but not absolutely necessary.
- Practical knowledge of the basic structure of 3D graphics based on polygons is rudimentarily necessary. Details regarding this platform will be covered in the course.
Organizational mattersDrinks, lunch, certificate of attendance and training materials are included in the price.
Good trainer, good answers, interactive and adaptive. He showed good knowledge on the materials. Thank you!!
A very interesting and detailed class, in a pleasant environment with a professional teacher. Thanks!
Highly qualified trainer who was able to project his fascination for the topic well on the participants. Best seminar I have attended for a long time.
The course of the training was optimally adapted to the wishes and needs of the participants. The individual questions were also answered competently and in detail by the trainer.
A professionally experienced trainer who confidently communicates the topics authentically without boredom or fatigue.
Everything's perfect, thank you! I will book again with INCAS myself and recommend it to all interested parties!
The trainer was not only convincing because of his professional competence, but also because of his inexhaustible wealth of experience. This exceeded my expectations by far.
Due to the individual training methodology, all our questions could be answered immediately and in full! Awesome!
Great training centre, dedicated INCAS staff and trainers. It was very entertaining ;-)
Dates and Prices
Development with Unity for Oculus VR Headsets
- Courses with execution guarantee and last-minute offers
- barrier-free access to many sites (e.g. Krefeld)
- Authorized training offers of all market-leading manufacturers
- 5 stars awarded by independent rating institute
Our training options
Are you or one of your employees facing a special challenge that you would like to master with a specific software solution? Do you need fast and targeted further training to make you fit to the point? Then an individual training course tailored to your individual needs is the right solution. As classroom training or also live online.
Is new software being introduced in your company? A team must quickly familiarize itself with a new program on a job-related basis? Don't let an expert just show you the program: Let our enthusiastic trainers inspire you with this new solution! At your site, 100% customized, as classroom training or also live online.
Classroom / LVC
Public classroom training for which you can register as an individual, take place either in a training center or as Live Virtual Class (LVC). You learn together with participants from other companies in a perfectly prepared learning environment. Shielded from the demands of everyday life, you can concentrate fully on the training in small working groups. As classroom training or also live online.All dates